This site is a resource for students currently enrolled in a nursing graduate program at ODU. All graduate nursing students are automatically members of this association once they are admitted into the graduate program. Welcome to GNSA and thanks for stopping by!
***JOB POSTED ON THE jobs link website. ***
Advanced Practice Clinician Job Fair - Saturday, June 22, 2013
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners will have the opportunity to speak with Lauren Keen regarding exciting job opportunities with Sentara Medical Group. Join us:
When: Saturday, June 22, 2013
Time: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Where: Sentara Medical Group
835 Glenrock Road, Norfolk, VA 23502
APC Recruiter for Sentara Medical Group
AACN Announces It's New Graduate Nursing Student Academy (GNSA) Resource Program
The AACN is introducing an enewsletter developed just for students enrolled in their Graduate Nursing Student Academy. AACN is pleased to offer this new program for affiliated schools, which provides free webinars, resources, networking, and services to nursing students enrolled in master's and doctoral programs.
You may register to receive this free enewsletter at: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/gnsa/join.
ARMY NURSE CORPS ASSOCIATION
2013 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
In 2013, ANCA will be selecting up to 15 students to receive $3,000 scholarships! To be eligible, applicants should meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled baccalaureate or advanced degree nursing or nurse anesthesia students who are serving or have previously served any branch of a component of the US Army (Active Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserve)
- Army Nurse Corps officers in a component of the US Army enrolled in a baccalaureate or advanced degree nursing or nurse Anesthesia program not funded by a component of the US Army.
- Enlisted soldiers serving in a component of the US Army enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing or nurse anesthesia program not funded by a component of the US Army.
- Nursing or anesthesia students whose spouse or either parent is serving of has served in a component of the US Army.
For 2013, the scholarships will be presented in memory of Captain Bruce K. Clark, a member of the United States Army Nurse Corps who, in May 2012, gave his life in service to his country while deployed to Afghanistan. He was a graduate of The College of Brockport, State University of New York and served previous assignments at Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI and William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX.
A flyer providing great details and the ANCA 2013 Scholarship Program Guidelines and Application, are available on the ANCA website at http://e-anca.org/ANCAEduc.htm<http://e-anca.org/ANCAEduc.htm . Further information can also be obtained by contacting us at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or on at e-anca.org.
Online 2012 - 2013 Graduate Catalog Now Available!
A PDF of the entire catalogue as well as PDF's of the separate college sections are now available and can be printed. Here's the link to access:
Travel Award for Graduate Students
The Graduate Student Travel Award ($500) was established by Student Engagement and Enrollment Services (previously Division of Student Affairs) and the Student Government Assocation to support graduate students' travel to conferences for the purpose of disseminating results of scholarly activity, exhibiting or performing creative works, or attending in order to further educational pursuits. Conference must be sponsored by a professional organization.
Guidelines and Application form can be found online at:
Due to limited funds, students who have previously received this award are ineligible to apply. Applications should be submited minimally 30 days prior to travel; however, it is advantageous to apply early as funds deplete quickly.
Sponsored by the Division of Student Engagement and Enrollment Services
Student Government Association
Webb Center 2008
Certified Background.com and AACN Launch New Scholarship for Students in Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Programs
CertifiedBackground.com, a leading provider of background checks to health professions students, is partnering with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) to launch a new scholarship program for nursing students in baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs. CertifiedBackground.com is committing $200,000 over five years to this new program that will
distribute eight scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each year from 2011 through 2015:
- New scholarship program will provide $5,000 in support to outstanding nursing students in baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs at AACN member institutions.
- Eligible applicants must be admitted or enrolled in a nursing school affiliated with CertifiedBackground.com or have submitted an application through nursing's centralized application service, NursingCAS (see https://portal.nursingcas.org).
- To apply students must complete an application that requires a brief 250-word essay on their goals and career aspirations in nursing.
- Winners will be announced within 60 days of each submission deadline, which are set for January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31 each year.
This scholarship is non-recurring and will be awarded to individual students for one semester only. Visit http://www.aacn.nche.edu/Education/doc/CBScholarshipApp.doc to download the application and review the scholarship criteria. For more details on AACN's partnership with CertifiedBackground.com to provide discounted criminal background checks to nursing students and a student immunization tracker service for schools of nursing, see http://www.aacn.nche.edu/MemberServices/CertifiedBackground.htm.
Thinking about Applying to a Graduate Program at ODU and want to know more about our admission requirements?
You can check out the Curriculum Guides and specific Admission Requirements for each program directly from the School of Nursing page.
Still have questions? Dont forget to check out our Applicant Questions Page!
Graduation Information Link
A new link has been added to give you more information about commencement ceremonies, and graduation information on the University Registrar's page.